Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Blazer Battery keeps going dead

lenny162
12-23-2008, 10:02 AM
I have a 99 Blazer and the battery keeps going dead on it. Ever since my power seats quit working if i let it sit of a couple of days the battery goes dead it is a new battery. I don't have a clue what is causing it.

tempfixit
12-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I have a 99 Blazer and the battery keeps going dead on it. Ever since my power seats quit working if i let it sit of a couple of days the battery goes dead it is a new battery. I don't have a clue what is causing it.

Once battery is recharged, disconnect the negative ground cable from the battery and use a voltmeter to determine how much of a drain you have. Once you know how much of a drain you have start removing fuses until there is not a drain, then check the circuit for a short. I would start with the power seat, your switch or circuit problably has a short.

old_master
12-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Check parasitic draw. Maximum allowable is 1200ma. Post your results, they might give us a clue.

lenny162
12-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the information i think i got it narrowed down but i have a bigger problem right now thanks again for the information

Add your comment to this topic!