Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

BMOM March contest open for voting !

hrmodeler
03-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Hi guys!

March contest is slosed for entries and open for voting.
19 great models is in contest and waiting for your votes.
Jump in and show that you like their work.

For next month I accept only rally car models.

Thank you in advance!
:)

hrmodeler
03-23-2003, 09:12 PM
Voting and awards:
Voting begins on the 21st day of each month and ends on the last day of that month, in both cases at Midnight, Greenwich Mean Time.

You may vote for one model in each of the two categories, Car and Miscellaneous. The model that receives the highest number of votes from the public will become the "Best Model Of The Month, People's Choice".

The points awarded to the First, Second and Third Place "People's Choice" winners in each of the two categories will be combined with the points awarded to each entered model by our panel of judges to decide the "CONTEST WINNER" for each category. Prizes will be awarded to the CONTEST WINNER of each category in each month's contest. There will be NO award for "WINNER OF CONTEST BY PEOPLE'S CHOICE". This may change in the future, if I am able to find a sponsor for the "People's Choice" awards. If this occurs, I will post a note to that effect on the front page of the contest.

Once again, please note that "People's Choice" winners will not receive prizes; prizes are awarded only to the "Contest Winner" of each category.

Why are no prizes awarded to People's Choice winners?
Experience has shown on several occasions that the People's Choice winner is often decided by the popularity of the modeller, rather than the quality of the model entered. Some modellers who are very popular and have many friends will always receive many votes, even if their entry is not necessarily the best model entered in the contest. To avoid this problem, the winners of this contest are decided by a panel of impartial judges. However, the "People" will count as one judge, their choice of winners being determined by the results of the People's Choice voting in each category.

No voting entry will be accepted unless your full name is given. You must provide your full first and last name in the body of your e-mail when voting, along with your e-mail address. This e-mail address must match the address your e-mail was sent from. Please don't be afraid to include your e-mail address. I promise that I do not collect e-mail addresses, send spam messages, or sell addresses to others.

It has been our experience that some people use several e-mail addresses, i.e. those of family members, friends, work, etc., to vote for themselves. FRIENDS ARE WELCOME, BUT PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF MORE THAN ONCE FROM DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESSES. I will check any suspicious e-mail addresses. Only one vote will be accepted from each e-mail address. We all want fair voting; if you should have any further suggestions related to keeping the contest fair, please send them to me.

Once again, friends are welcome to vote, but please don't go around and purposely collect people to vote for you. I think that this is unfair and if I see or hear that somebody is doing this I will eject him or her from the contest. You may tell people that your model is entered in the contest, but please remind them to vote fairly!

I will send a "thank you" e-mail to everyone who has cast a valid vote. If you don't receive this "thank you" within 24 hours, your vote probably hasn't been accepted. Reasons for this may include: incomplete vote, different e-mail address from sender's address, and more than one vote cast from same address.

hrmodeler
03-31-2003, 01:28 AM
Hi guys!

Todays is last day for voting.
19 great models is in contest and waiting for your votes.
Jump in and show that you like their work.

For next month I accept only rally car models.

Thank you in advance!

Add your comment to this topic!