Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Squealing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

COCO1464
12-22-2008, 08:58 AM
:mad: (2001 LS) THIS IS THE DILEMA THAT I'M HAVING EVERYTIME I TURNED THE WHEEL LEFT AND RIGH THE CAR MAKES A SQUEALLING NOISE WHILE DRIVING AND THRU BUMPS... I HAD CK THE POWER STEERING FLUID AND IT WAS VERY LOW SAT. PUT SOME IN THE STEERING FLUID IN #5 AND STILL HASN'T LET UP DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE ISSUE I CAN BE HAVING. MAY BE THE :eek7: COLD WEATHER HERE... BUT I HAVE BEEN DRIVING SINCE AND DON'T KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE.....HELP HELP HELP:smile:

shorod
12-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I don't understand what you mean by "Put some in the steering fluid in #5...."

Does it make the squeal noise just as you are turning the steering wheel, or any time there is a load on the power steering? If you were to turn the steering wheel half a turn and hold it there, does it only make the noise when moving the wheel but stop when you hold the steering wheel turned?

Since you mention it's cold, I'm suspecting dry ball joints or outer tie rod ends. There have been posts on this forum on how to diagnose dry joints. Try the "Search this forum" feature from the Lincoln LS forum main page.

-Rod

COCO1464
12-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry It only does the squealing when i half turn the wheel.... Its very annoying. But Thanks It just started This past Saturday

shorod
12-22-2008, 09:16 PM
So I'll repeat one of the questions:
If you were to turn the steering wheel half a turn and hold it there, does it only make the noise when moving the wheel but stop when you hold the steering wheel turned?

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!