01 Grand Am 2.4L leaking coolant

dtlowrider
12-21-2008, 08:43 PM
I have a 01 Grand Am 2.4L,its leaking coolant pretty bad..I did a little looking around myself knowing that if I take it to a shop there gonna wanna change the water pump($900+) Or the Head Gasket($2000+)..I took off the heat sheild off the exhaust and then I took off the cover that says 2.4L quad cam..And 1.)I was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the 4 Long white tubes that are under that,that plug into rubber.And after I looked around it,Seemed like the coolant was coming from in between the to vaulve covers and what looked like a possiable like plug??2.)does anyone know if that is a plug and if I could fix it???Thanks

xeroinfinity
12-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Welcome to AF !!

The tubes are ignition coils housing, and the rubber boots connect to the plugs. Th etop plate conatins the ICM.

I dont remember any plugs that should leak.
Maybe a bolt has come loose and is leaking.... can you take a pic of that area and post it ??

dtlowrider
03-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome to AF !!

The tubes are ignition coils housing, and the rubber boots connect to the plugs. Th etop plate conatins the ICM.

I dont remember any plugs that should leak.
Maybe a bolt has come loose and is leaking.... can you take a pic of that area and post it ??
Sorry I havent tooken a picture,I have a horriable phone that takes nasty pictures. Anyways the best way i could descripe it is there are two indentations on the inside of the 2 ouside ignition coils. They look soild and from the naked eye i would not expect them to be leaking but as soon as i put water in them you can see them dripping out water. Could that be a cracked head? My It doesnt appear that my oil is white or the substance of a milk shake.

dtlowrider
03-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Found out its the freeze plugs are leaking...

Add your comment to this topic!