Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

94' Eagle Talon help please

Lazyday
12-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before couldn't find a answer for it

I have 94 Eagle Talon, 1.8 engine non Turbo.The former owner parked it thinking it was the fuel pump.Changed it out and the gas tank they were both corroded .Still didn't run so checked and found out the fuel control relay was burned out and replaced it, now I have gas in the injection railing.But it still does not run, and now I have checked out the injector relay and it was also bad and so I changed that out, still does not run. I have checked all my timing system I have spark in spark plugs, the timing is right, it still does not run. The car Cranks but the engine doesn't start. Any Ideas?

SilvrEclipse
12-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Welcome to AF.

Is there fuel getting into the motor? Does the fuel pump turn on when you try and crank the car?

Lazyday
12-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I believe it is, there is fuel in the injection railing got to check tomorrow. I will get back to you ASAP. Thank you for responding

89cavwagon
12-21-2008, 10:27 PM
CHK COMPRESSION ON EACH CYLINDER SPRAY STARTER FLUID IN INTAKE TO SEE IF IT WILL POP OFF.:iceslolan :evillol:

SilvrEclipse
12-21-2008, 10:45 PM
:iagree:

No need for all caps man.

Lazyday
12-22-2008, 07:05 PM
CHK COMPRESSION ON EACH CYLINDER SPRAY STARTER FLUID IN INTAKE TO SEE IF IT WILL POP OFF.:iceslolan :evillol:

How do I do that? Sorry didn't understand what you meant.

SilvrEclipse
12-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Do a compression test on each cylinder. Hook up a compression tester and turn the motor over to see what the compression is on each cylinder. This test is suppose to be done at WOT and when hot but since it wont run it will be ok to do it cold.

Also pull the intake pipe off and spray some carp cleaner or some starter fluid into the intake manifold and try and crank the car. If it fires up them your not getting gas into the motor.

Add your comment to this topic!