Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What are you buying your Zu for Xmas?

pharm_rodeo
12-20-2008, 04:36 AM
I'm buying her a new antenna since it was stolen last week.:tongue:

Who in the heck steals an antenna these days?:screwy:

FL 3.2L
12-20-2008, 08:22 AM
You have to be hurting to steal an antenna!

How about the jug of 10W-30 I just got at Wal-mart? She probably deserves more, but...

Andie_J
12-20-2008, 08:24 AM
:smile: :smile: Mine baby is getting a Christmas wreath on the front grill, and all new fluids. WorKing on making the body side molding pretty. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and thinks for all of your help!:smile: :smile: ANDIE

Gizmo42
12-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Just bought another tank of gas LOL. Probably should get the oil done, hasnt been that many miles but its been about 5-6 months. Might the the coolant flushed to while I'm at it.

Ramblin Fever
12-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Lets see..mine had a good X-mas this year.

2 new radiators in 1 week; along with radiator coolant flush, twice
3 new coolant hidden hoses
2 transmission partial fluid swaps - due to radiator failing twice
1 new fuel line hose
1 new alternator
2 new battery clamps
1 tank of gas - after a month of sitting
Need to get tires rotated

Total cost = priceless...she's paid for, all this stuff is only minor in the scheme of things.

amigo-2k
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Lets see.... new tranny fluid and filter, new plugs, oil change and decarbonize the engine....

I wouldn't mind sticking in a touch screen Nav/Radio, but that might be a couple more years before I decide to do that.....

pharm_rodeo
12-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Come on guys something besides usual maintenance. :tongue:

I'm acutally thinking about getting Sirius radio. I'm tired of the regular stations.

Anyone else try the new textured Pureone filter? It's gold and has a sandpaper type skin. Makes it a lot easier to grip when your hands are oily. Well it's not really new just new for me since I buy them by the box.

I hope you guys have a great Xmas!

Post some snow pics since we don't get the white stuff here in Georgia!

palomo93
12-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Mine just got four Bridgestone Revo's 255/70/16. I was worried they might rub but they are fine. They were used, but just barely (new is 14/32", these were 12/32"). I needed tires badly so I just slapped them on there, balanced only.

I'll be replacing the worn lower ball joints so I can get it aligned but I'll probably do the upper ones also (maybe outer tie rods and sway linkage too). Moog OK or OEM?

Ramblin Fever
12-23-2008, 08:54 AM
With homebuilding industry coming to a near total stop, and spending around $1k or so on the Rodeo just to keep it on the road; and on the side, have a dodge diesel truck that's just sitting with no license plates right now, a Toyota tacoma in major need of shocks...it's eating the new tires badly....no funds are left for an actual X-mas gift for the trucks.

They've all faired good in years before though, they've all gotten a set of fog-lights, new tires, the Rodeo got new wheels, the dodge got an upgraded hi-powered fuel pump, bull-guards, etc. so I don't feel too bad.

Maybe next year...for now we're just enjoying lower gas prices, should have plates on the diesel by year-end, and the Toy will probably get new shocks in the spring...sad thing is, the tires will be too badly worn by then to do any good....but with no one buying houses, we aren't laying foundations, only warrantying the ones already sold in years past.

pharm_rodeo
12-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm glad to hear most of our trucks are holding up during these tough times.

Ramblin Fever
12-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeap...mine's running good, just need to replace fuel temp line hose with an actual appropriate fuel line hose.

And she's not for sale!

Add your comment to this topic!