Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear End Collision

ivang213
12-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Can any one tell me how much it would cost to fix a minor front end damage. When you lift the hood, the metal close to the radiator is pushed in slightly. The radiator is ok. Also how much would it be to fix a hood. The guy hit me from the back and the hood bent up a little bit. All of this has to be an out of pocket expense since the guy was an illegal immigrant and all the information he gave me was false.

LearnAutoBody
12-18-2008, 08:08 AM
There is really no way to guess at what the cost will be. There are many factors that could determine that. However, many body shops will give you a free estimate. You may ask them if they can find used or CAPA aftermarket parts to lower the cost.

ivang213
12-18-2008, 11:27 AM
That's what i did. I got a new hood,got them to pull out the frame damage, and a new hood for $333. I just need to get a paint job. I'm thinking of Maaco but i heard a lot of bad reviews about them.

CarBeater
12-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Well....if you don't have much money, I guess that's an option. But you know the saying...you get what you pay for. Was the body shops estimate to paint it too high?

ivang213
12-19-2008, 12:23 AM
It seemed reasonable. It would have cost 735 with the paint job. I'm thinking of saving some money. Need to buy new motor mounts and install them. Hopefully that goes fine since i never done that before.

Add your comment to this topic!