Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quick Question

drunken monkey
12-15-2008, 12:24 PM
a while back, another member mentioned that he used wire/cable crimp boot/terminals for the intakes on a carburettor.
Only thing is, I've searched for every combination of wire/cable crimp boot/terminal and I can't find the ones he uses. Everything I've come up with in stores in the UK are the insulated types or more commonly, a differerent kind of terminal (i.e ring).

Short of it is, does anyone know the correct name for them or better yet, where I can get them in the UK (or easily to the UK).

Thanks.

jano11
12-15-2008, 02:12 PM
a while back, another member mentioned that he used wire/cable crimp boot/terminals for the intakes on a carburettor.
Only thing is, I've searched for every combination of wire/cable crimp boot/terminal and I can't find the ones he uses. Everything I've come up with in stores in the UK are the insulated types or more commonly, a differerent kind of terminal (i.e ring).

Short of it is, does anyone know the correct name for them or better yet, where I can get them in the UK (or easily to the UK).

Thanks.

Hi,

This manufacturer: www.duewi.de calls them "Ferrule".

Search for them on their site (it also has an English version), to be sure it is what you need. I use exactly these ones (from this manufacturer).

In case you can't get them in the UK, I'll could buy some and send them to you.

drunken monkey
12-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Ferrule!

that was exactly the word I should've been using.

Thanks again.

Now I've got to just find the damned things....

jano11
12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
You're welcome!
I'm glad it helped.:)

Add your comment to this topic!