Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I Messed Up Bad

mt_100
12-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I went to replace the turn signal switch. Routed the wires for the new one and cut the wires for the old one.

Now I can't get the connector at the block under the dash for the old one undone to hook up the new one.

Think this is going to cost me big money for a mechanic to laugh at me and fix.

Just needed to vent now that I ruined a car in the driveway.

I also accidentally cut the wires for the on steering wheel radio, don't care about that, all other wires in tact.

Scrapper
12-14-2008, 04:18 PM
oboy you really messed up as you said. i really don't know what to tell you sounds like you need someone that knows alot about electric on this one.

good luck.....

mt_100
12-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Actually, Not as bad as I thought. At this point I just have to figure out how to get the connector (long flat and thin) out of the block under the dash. I found out the new switch has a new radio wire set on it (they were taped up).

Once I get that connector undone and the new one in it's place I just have to put it together. Any ideas?

richtazz
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
There is a bolt in the center of that block. When you loosen the bolt, the block separates, and then the M/F switch harness can be removed.

mt_100
12-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Yep, asked a mechanic and that is what he said. Once I did that and removed the connector, and transferred pins 9 and 10 over all is well. I have turn signals.

Add your comment to this topic!