Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cupped tires an struts

rhernan216
12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
took my 2007 Lacrosse to have my tires rotated that i bought back in August of 08. the tech said that there is a problem with suspension and he would not rotate the rear tires to front. he rebalanced the front tires. but did nothing to the rear tires. if i replace the rear struts and or fix my problem can i then rotate the rear tires forward or do i need to repalce them?

maxwedge
12-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Welcome to AF, without seeing how bad they are, no way to answer this.

DogmanFilms
12-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I would take it for a second opinion. Plus you should see if the warrantee is still in effect. If so you may be able to have new struts put on for free and the dealer will rotate the hell out of your tires. But if the tires are cupped (Are they different tread styles than the ones in the front) they will have to go. In fact are the rear tires winter tires, like cooper weather masters. They make all year radials that are meant to climb ice with these hard edged square treads.

In fact I've had that happen. You can get another opinion to determine if the struts are really at fault. Which most mechanics will look at that as the primary cause as this can create cupping in tires. However mismatched or even inappropriate tread styles can do this too.

:2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!