Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Good used cars under $4,500?

whoopz
12-14-2008, 12:07 PM
My car just died, it wasn't worth fixing. Anyways I'm a senior in higschool and now need a new car. I'll be in college the next 4 years so I won't be doing everyday driving on it either. I dont see how I could put more than 25,000-30,000 in the next 5 years. So I'm looking for something preferably $1,500-$3,000 but I might throw a few extra bucks in if its worth it. Anyways I dont know what types of cars I shold be looking for. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Looking for a sedan. I live in ohio so yes something that could drive in the snow would be a plus. Would have a to be automatic transmission.

A v6 would be nice.

drdisque
12-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Do you care about performance? Are you looking for a sedan? suv? truck? coupe? Do you have to drive in the snow? Can you drive a manual transmission?

You have to be a bit more specific, there are dozens of different cars in your price range that different people might characterize as "good".

whoopz
12-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Looking for a sedan. I live in ohio so yes something that could drive in the snow would be a plus. Would have a to be automatic transmission.

A v6 would be nice.

axeray
12-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Do a search online. You should be able to find what you're after.

eBay sell a lot of cars these days at a cheap clip.

Autotropolis12
12-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Hi, The Autotropolis used car locator allows you to search by make, model, state, zip code, and price. No more finding the perfect used car, only to discover it is at a dealership 1,000 miles away. Once you've searched, you can organize your results by year, make, model, mileage, distance from your location, and price. That helps you find the used car you want!

wafrederick
12-18-2008, 12:19 PM
You do not want anything Japanese,have tons of electrical problems which are very expensive repairs.A computer replacement for one Honda is $2,500.00.A front wheel drive is the way to go for winter time.There is no such thing as a thousand dollar and lower cars anymore,most are junk and are not worth driving.One car auction in my area that is dealer only,the yards bought them for crush which is down now.The 2000 to 2002 Chevy Impalas are great cars,get at least 30 mpg and are in your price range

drdisque
12-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I'd recommend a few year old Impala, Grand Prix, or Malibu.

Add your comment to this topic!