Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how to get heater core out?

s10blazerhelp
12-13-2008, 11:41 AM
i have read jonathondw's posting and i think i have done everything right so far. i cant get the heater box out. any help would be great!

TCGrove
12-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I just did this job on my 99 blazer this summer. I think there were three nuts on the firewall. The tricky one was inside the box that houses the air conditioner coil (exchanger). Mine had the little label on the plastic that said "cut here." Yea right, cut here then get your extended socket and universal joint out to reach the darn nut. It's clear at the bottom of the box. You can see it with a flashlight. I'm sure you can see on the new core where the nuts are going to be on the firewall and kind of estimate its location. To put the nut back in I had to put a little piece of tape on the socket to hold it long enough to get it threaded back on. Other than that, it should come out pretty freely. I had more trouble getting the new one back in. After struggling with the new core, I found that I needed to cut a plastic wire tie on the drivers side that was getting in the way. Good luck.

frehol
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
i have read jonathondw's posting and i think i have done everything right so far. i cant get the heater box out. any help would be great!

What year is yours? post -97 I guess 'cause of the thread you refer to...

//Freddy

Add your comment to this topic!