Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Look what I got.

exhaust smoke
03-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Hey all,

Won this on ebay and I'm chuffed to bits!:jumpie:

It's a Hasegawa Jaguar XJ-S H.E. TWR. It's got full engine detail, the works!!

One thing though, the instruction manual seems to have gone walkies. Has anyone here got/built this kit?? If so, can you photocopy/scan the instruction manual for me? Please help, I want to start it!:help:

ales
03-20-2003, 12:07 PM
I ahve the road version and am itching to built it. Great buy!

fwdfreak
03-20-2003, 12:10 PM
congrats!:smoker2:

I want that kit so badly:( , how much it cost?

simdel1
03-20-2003, 12:12 PM
that will be a challenge without the instructions:eek:

good luck!

are you going to build it as the twr race car?

RallyRaider
03-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Lucky sod! :D

Didn't even know such a kit existed - now I want one too!

Built the road car XJ-S many years ago but the touring car version would be way cooler.

exhaust smoke
03-20-2003, 12:29 PM
I didn't know the kit existed until I saw it on Ebay. I lost out to another bidder the first time and thought I'd never have another chance. Then another came up and I jumped at the chance.

It cost me around £15 GBP. Not bad at all considering the rarity and detail. Typical Hasegawa with photoetch, even in 1986!

Yes, I am going to build it as the TWR touring car version, it'll look great next to the Tamiya Jaguar XJR9. Only problem is there are no instructions!!!!!!! I hope the seller will get back to me with good news.

Perhaps I'll give Hasegawa a try?

RallyRaider
03-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Bah! Who need instructions :p

Just find some reference pictures and build it as you see it!

On second thought finding reference pictures may be even more difficult.

Is the kit a full touring version or just a road car with decals? If the latter I think I may still have the instruction sheet from my old kit (I'm a hoarder :)) and could scan them for you. Better than nothing!

flyonthewall
03-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Very Nice!

exhaust smoke
03-20-2003, 11:46 PM
RallyRaider, the kit is the full touring version! It's not like what Fujimi do, when they just stick you with the road car and a decal sheet. This is the real deal.

I contacted the seller who thought the instructions were in the kit. Said he will have a hunt around and get back to me. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE HURRY! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!

Honoturtle
03-20-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by RallyRaider
Lucky sod! :D

Didn't even know such a kit existed - now I want one too!

Ditto! Congrats, but good luck in finding instructions!

tamiyarevell
03-21-2003, 05:07 AM
You are a lucky guys:D

Zwaag
03-21-2003, 06:24 AM
that be pimp with a GT wing on the back

exhaust smoke
04-03-2003, 06:44 AM
The latest update of the scenario concerning the instructions for this kit. I contacted the seller and he replied with a 'sorry, can't find the instructions anywhere'.

I think I have taken the last resort. I put in a parts order for the instructions through HLJ. I hope that Hasegawa store their instructions on a computer database or something and can just print me a copy either that or not that many people request instuction manuals when the kit was current, and they have lots of spares.

I just need that bit of folded up A3 paper, which hold the key to building a great looking kit!

OPM
04-03-2003, 06:48 AM
i want one:eek:

a bit off topic,but also jag,don't you think they are egtting a BIT to pricey on this one?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3510688664&category=9142

:bloated:

flyonthewall
04-03-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by exhaust smoke
The latest update of the scenario concerning the instructions for this kit. I contacted the seller and he replied with a 'sorry, can't find the instructions anywhere'.

I think I have taken the last resort. I put in a parts order for the instructions through HLJ. I hope that Hasegawa store their instructions on a computer database or something and can just print me a copy either that or not that many people request instuction manuals when the kit was current, and they have lots of spares.

I just need that bit of folded up A3 paper, which hold the key to building a great looking kit!

How about next time you see one for sale on ebay, contact the seller and ask them to photocopy it for you and offer to pay for it.

exhaust smoke
04-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Chris that's a good suggestion.

I've only seen this kit on ebay twice. The first time I was outbid and the next I won the bid. I did contact the winning bidder of the one I was outbid on, but he never replied.

I suppose if I ever see another one, I'll try and buy that one too.:hehe:

exhaust smoke
04-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I'd just like to provide an update on the situation.

After my last post on this subject, I tried a last ditch attempt and sent an email to HLJ to request the manual as a spare part and guess what...

SUCCESS!:) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D

I just received an email from them that the manual is on the way!

I guess not many people request manuals as aftermarket bits, either that or they were able to print me off one.

Cost me a bit about £5.50 (inc. shipping)! Oh well at least I can build it now!!

bigfrit
04-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Hey, well done !
I m looking forward in seeing how you're building it (doing the convertible version myself)

keep us updates, please !

olivier

exhaust smoke
04-17-2003, 12:55 AM
The kit is the full touring car version, so I'll be building it virtually box-stock. Here's a picture of a completed one I found on the web:

http://home.clara.net/neilscrim/Models/Jaguar_XJS/jaguar_xjs.html

It also has full engine detail!

Will post more once I start building.

Mean_B16
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM
I have not seen that one before, good luck on the buildup!

Add your comment to this topic!