Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

True dual exhaust for 8.1 suburban

01bigblock
12-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi all....I have an 01' Suburban with the 8.1 engine....

I'm looking to find a true dual exhaust system for my burb...

I know there are a few cat-back systems that go two into one, but I'd like to have a real deal dual set-up...

Does anyone know if anybody makes or has made such a system??? Or do I need to go custom...if custom is the answer, does anyone have any suggestions on who to use?

I'm in MD....

Would love to see two pipes straight out the back one on each side...

Thanks for any suggestions and help...

Brian

Elbert
01-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi all....I have an 01' Suburban with the 8.1 engine....

I'm looking to find a true dual exhaust system for my burb...

I know there are a few cat-back systems that go two into one, but I'd like to have a real deal dual set-up...

Does anyone know if anybody makes or has made such a system??? Or do I need to go custom...if custom is the answer, does anyone have any suggestions on who to use?

I'm in MD....

Would love to see two pipes straight out the back one on each side...

Thanks for any suggestions and help...

Brian

I don't think you can run true dual exhaust. I like magnaflow products. I have a dual in / dual out muffler on my 92K1500 and it sounds good. I do see that magnaflow has a system for that specific truck. You might be well served to stop by a local exhaust shop if you have a good one in your area to inquire. The newer vehicles with the front and rear 02 sensors and catalytic converters limit what you can do with the exhaust.

How does the 8.1 engine perform?

GoGoUSMC
01-17-2009, 01:03 PM
I too would like to know of any products out there for true dual exhaust for an 02 8.1. I tried to contact several manufacturers for it but I kept getting the same answer, (we currently do not support the 8.1 suburban). I think we have to go custom, as far as a company out there we'd have to research. I'm currently in a bind for $ so I'm not getting it done soon so good luck. In you 01 do you have dual tanks (driver side and above spare)? If you do, do you have a selector switch to switch tanks?

sub006
01-23-2009, 01:24 AM
You can forget about duals, even with dual cats, if you live in California or another state with strict smog and inspection laws. If you live in one of the "free" states, do what you like and can afford.

Elbert
01-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Magnaflow apparently makes a cat-back setup. I don't think anyone makes a true dual setup. Local muffler place is where you'll have to go, but you'll have to maintain the converters and 02 sensors in there OEM location. I suspect all you can do on these trucks is something after the converters.

Add your comment to this topic!