Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ground locations

vanilla gorilla
12-11-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm still having some ignition problems. I want to check all the grounds. Does anyone know of any diagrams or anything that could help out with findind the locations of all the grounds?

discnik
12-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Foooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr what type vehicle ????????????

david-b
12-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Foooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr what type vehicle ????????????

Totally unnecessary. Clearly says "'99 Spyder 2.4 5-speed" in his signature. If it was for something else he would have said.

Anyways... in the haynes manual there's a bunch of wiring diagrams in the back that shows a lot of the major electrical systems. Show the grounds there. But that's all I know off hand.

What problems were you having?

Thor06
12-11-2008, 10:30 AM
To find a ground I would just drop something like a coin or a pencil and see where it lands. That should get you pretty close, if not it will show which direction to look.

:icon16:

For my Talon it seemed like they were pretty easy to just look around and find, and they are one thing I am for sure going to do differently when I rebuild it. Pretty sure mine had one on each side of the motor if you know what I mean, front, back, and both sides.

vanilla gorilla
12-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Yeah I figured Id post up on here first. Ive been too busy (or lazy) to look at the car. Ive got a haynes, I will check that.
I doubt the problem Im having is ground related...well maybe it is, IDK.
Anyways, its a P0300 trouble code, multiple random misfire. Seems to be a pretty popular code on these ragedy cars. I found this huge thread on tuners with any amount of people having the same exact problem. Basically, the car skips and runs like duke based off of MPH. When I get up to 80mph is when it does it...I can let off and put it in neutral and let the revs drop and put it back in gear and its fine. Car runs good cruising though. I dont know what it could be. CAS, CPS, coil packs, ignition module...who knows. Im leaning towards the cam angle sensor. The only thing that gets me is that it isnt RPM related, because it doesnt do it through the lower 2 gears, starts doing it in 3rd at 80. Sometimes, I can pussyfoot it and get it past 80 and it pulls good again up until 110 or so. Its crazy.

vanilla gorilla
12-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Corrected the problem. I first replaced the cam angle sensor, which did nothing. Then i replaced the crank sensor and, that did the trick.

Cavalier9696
07-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Corrected the problem. I first replaced the cam angle sensor, which did nothing. Then i replaced the crank sensor and, that did the trick.

The bad luck I have(which I always have) After rebuilding my engine and droping it back in I found out my crank sensor was bad....The only dang sensor we didn't change..lol

Add your comment to this topic!