Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4.3 CPI question

Truck633
12-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I have a 93 Blazer with the 4.3 V. I replaced the injector and all the poppets, and it will start and run but then it dies. I am not getting any codes so I kind of have to rule out the ECM, is there a way to check the injector wire with a noid light outside of the upper plenum? or do I have to remove it again?

Thanks

Tom

MT-2500
12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Make sure you have fuel pressure and good spark to all cylinders.

You can check injector pulse outside on the two wires but the cover has to be removed to check to injector.
Also a scanner will show injector pulse.
Check outside first.
Post back what you find.
I have had some bad or lose injector wiring inside cover.
Good luck

Chris Stewart
12-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I usually forget to connect the Inlet Air Temperature sensor (IAT) on the rubber snout that mounts on the throttle or the MAP sensor on top of the plenum.

Truck633
12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Guys;

I found the problem, it was injector control all right, the doggone connector from the harness to the injector was only making contact intermitantly, when I tested the current through the wire it was reading ok, but then it would die. It was really lucky when it started running, I bumped the connector and kaput....so now we are connector-less and running perfectly. I then remembered what I was taught in electronics class "connections connections connections!!!!!! Thanks again for y'alls input, and thanks to God for letting me find this !!!

Tom

MT-2500
12-11-2008, 08:29 AM
You are welcome.
And Thanks for posting back the fix and giving God the credit for helping you find the problem.
MT

Add your comment to this topic!