Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Windstar blending door vacuum line

saddletramp57
12-10-2008, 10:30 AM
I changed the spark plugs on the 3.8 engine but in doing so pulled the vacuum line controlling the air blending doors/motor. I have not found where to plug it back in. My feet are cold and my head is burning up because it blows hot air out the defroster. Please, does some one have a picture showing where the vacuum line goes through the firewall?

thanks for any help available

Andrew1941
12-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Sorry, no picture handy, but on the 01, the connection is on the passenger side. First it conencts to the reservoir which is a black box under the wiper cowel. It is really hard to see unless you remove the wipers and cowel (only takes about 10 minutes to do that). Then the hose, from that tee, heads to the firewall and passes through about half way or so down the wall. I don't think there is a connection at the wall, it just passes through, but you could have pulled it off at the tee at the reservoir. On the inside of the vehichle it comes in behind the glove box or at the top of where your fee would be and heads up to the controls in the dash. It is a red line about 1/8" diameter.

garync1
12-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Also I think they connect into the intake plenum like one red small hose and a black hose..back top corner. Hard to see but you can feel it... Check that area and see what you find..

Add your comment to this topic!