Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 Cavalier wiper arm issue

merrittjr
12-09-2008, 03:08 PM
The driver side wiper arm doesn't swipe correctly and goes all the way off the edge of the windshield. I can also grab the arm and move it without resistance. The passenger side is working perfectly. They were frozen on the windshield (I didn't know that) and the one went while the other one stuck. Easy solution?

J-Ri
12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
The driver side wiper arm doesn't swipe correctly and goes all the way off the edge of the windshield. I can also grab the arm and move it without resistance. The passenger side is working perfectly. They were frozen on the windshield (I didn't know that) and the one went while the other one stuck. Easy solution?

Remove the arm and remove the aluminum from the stud on the wiper transmission with a sharp pick. Reinstall the arm and keep tightening the nut until the wiper arm no longer will move freely, then tighten it another 1/4 to 1/2 turn. I'd like to give you a torque for the nut, but I just go till it's "tight".

muff34
12-10-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd like to give you a torque for the nut, but I just go till it's "tight". torque....1/4 turn before it snaps..............lol. I put a lock washer on mine , seeing as how the fine threads on shaft and wiper arm were pretty much pooched.

Add your comment to this topic!