STRANGE electrical problem, Please Help!

markiverse
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone, I have a really weird electrical problem. I have an 88 Wrangler, 4.2ltr, 5spd, 3 1/2 lift, 33" swampers. Recently my dashboard lights (the directional arrows and high beam indicator) started to pulsate and flicker during the daytime and during the night time while the headlights are on they do it in sync with the dash lights. And when it pulsates it goes from dim to bright back to dim.

Sorry if the description is a little sketchy, any help is greatly appreciated !!

one_lucky_monkey
01-10-2009, 02:01 PM
I would start by checking both ends all of the ground connections from the battery to the block, frame or firewall depending on how many and where they are on your jeep.make sure that they are all clean bright metal to metal contacts.

I had a ford years ago that the lights would flicker every time I stepped on the clutch, after about two years of that and a battery and alternator replacement plus multiple times cleaning the battery terminals and such the clutch cable broke and I discovered that my electrical system had been grounding through my clutch cable to the frame instead of via the ground strap to the firewall.subsequently it burned my clutch cable in two. I replaced the cable cleaned all the ground contacts thuroughly and the problem was cured.

good luck

Hey everyone, I have a really weird electrical problem. I have an 88 Wrangler, 4.2ltr, 5spd, 3 1/2 lift, 33" swampers. Recently my dashboard lights (the directional arrows and high beam indicator) started to pulsate and flicker during the daytime and during the night time while the headlights are on they do it in sync with the dash lights. And when it pulsates it goes from dim to bright back to dim.

Sorry if the description is a little sketchy, any help is greatly appreciated !!

Add your comment to this topic!