dodge intrepid 1996 problems!

DUBIE
12-07-2008, 05:57 AM
ok i have a 96 dodge intrepid 3.3L and been having problems since last couple of 2 years...i fix the problem then a year later i get the same problem once again...the problem is that the car stays in 1st gear when its HOT or sometimes it pushes it self when im stoping for a stop light....then now like couple of months ago i have hard times turning it on....i changed the transmisson computer so many fudge times......i never upgraded or bought a new computer for my (ECM) engine control module..i was thinking on changing it to see if that would fix the problem....what does (ECM) control?..i heard for motor,ignition,also for fuel pump....anybody know?..any help would be great!...

tempfixit
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
ok i have a 96 dodge intrepid 3.3L and been having problems since last couple of 2 years...i fix the problem then a year later i get the same problem once again...the problem is that the car stays in 1st gear when its HOT or sometimes it pushes it self when im stoping for a stop light....then now like couple of months ago i have hard times turning it on....i changed the transmisson computer so many fudge times......i never upgraded or bought a new computer for my (ECM) engine control module..i was thinking on changing it to see if that would fix the problem....what does (ECM) control?..i heard for motor,ignition,also for fuel pump....anybody know?..any help would be great!...

What do you mean by hardtime turning it on?? Do you mean ignitionswitch does want to turn or the engine doesn't turn over or the car won't start.
The ECM is the main computor for the engine, all the things you talk about.
Have you cleaned the throttle body on it?

Have you checked for any codes?

Turn key on/off, on/off. on without starting engine within 5 seconds. Your check engine light should flash pause flash flash meaning code 12 or you will see a code in the odometer rather than the miles (Example P0430).

Post any codes

DUBIE
12-07-2008, 10:05 PM
What do you mean by hardtime turning it on?? Do you mean ignitionswitch does want to turn or the engine doesn't turn over or the car won't start.
The ECM is the main computor for the engine, all the things you talk about.
Have you cleaned the throttle body on it?

Have you checked for any codes?

Turn key on/off, on/off. on without starting engine within 5 seconds. Your check engine light should flash pause flash flash meaning code 12 or you will see a code in the odometer rather than the miles (Example P0430).

Post any codes

What do you mean by hardtime turning it on?? Do you mean ignitionswitch does want to turn or the engine doesn't turn over or the car won't start.""...i mean like car engine dont wanna start...switch works and everything like the motor takes long time to start...ill post codes soon...thanks bro!...

Add your comment to this topic!