Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

05 Cav power window shorting

RSMAINTENANCE04
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I bought this car 3 years ago, i kept getting shock as i got out of the car.. Then as winter progressed, my drivers side pwr window started slowing down incredibly, until one day it finally stopped. But funny thing is, as the window stopped, so didnt the shocking? Ok, brought it back to he dealer, they changed the motor, the dishes are done. then, just under a year i noticed the window slowing again. until it finally stopped. By the time it stopped, it had been just over a year since they put the last one in, and they hard to replace the motor again. But this time I was charged.. $400 bucks!!! I tried to tell them something was shorting out the motor, obviously it was never fixed last time either, so what the he**. Winter again is approaching, just hoping someone else had this same problem and figured it out, cuz the window is slowing just a hint, and i'm not going to buy another freeking motor again! And yes, ive brought it to them before it stopped, telling them whats was happening and that it mostlikely will stop again.. All the tech's do is grease the window, and tell me the volts are fine... I tried to tell them i thought the switch might be shorting it, (its one of the rocking triggers with the auto down). Sometimes it acts funny when i accidentally use the auto, but i once again was disregaurded. Anything would be helpful. I am so sick of the driving around with plastic over my 2005 car window! :banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!