Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Weird power door lock problem.

Cat Fuzz
12-02-2008, 08:01 PM
This is weird. The power door locks won't work from the drivers interior switch. I figured it would be a broken wire in the door jamb. The weird thing is, I can hear the door lock relay clicking but only on the cycle it's already on. In other words, if the doors are already locked, I can push the lock side of the switch and hear the relay but not the unlock side. If the doors are already unlocked, I can only hear the relay if I push unlock on the drivers door but no clicking if I push lock. Now, here's the wierder part: The passenger door lock switch works normally and will lock and unlock all the doors.

I can't wrap my brain around what could the problem here. I hope someone knows and can help.

Thanks.

Hungrycat7
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Had the same problem. Not the same car, but definately the same problem. I could hear the relay but it still did not work. I pulled the relay out and cleaned off the contacts. Put it back in and everything worked good as new! Hope your situation is as easy as mine!

Cat Fuzz
12-03-2008, 07:05 PM
This is weird but it was the switch. I swapped it with the one from the drivers door and now it works. Bought a replacement at Pull and Save and now everything is happy. I'm going to stop thinking about it now because I can't figure out how the switch was bad when it was energizing the relays in both positions.

Add your comment to this topic!