Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electric move for GM, Chrysler and Ford

01paf
11-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Will GM, Chrysler and Ford will be forced by US government to do abandon Big vehicles like Hummer and pickups ?

I think we are going into electric car industry big time in 2009,

what do you think ?

serge_saati
11-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Will GM, Chrysler and Ford will be forced by US government to do abandon Big vehicles like Hummer and pickups ?

No, a small car is not a real American car. US will never stop producing big cars, cause peoples like them. But Hummer company is sold to a single person (I don't know who). So we can't buy Hummer anymore.

I think we are going into electric car industry big time in 2009.

Yes, but in 2011. In 2010/2011 you will start seeing electric car, like Chevroltet Volt, Chrysler Town & Country EV (I love this on), Jeep Patriot EV, Jeep Wrangler EV... Ford also, but I forget the model name. All these cars have also a small gas engine to recharge the battery. But they can be charged at home with 120V/240V. Under 40miles, they don't use gas.

Check the Town & Country EV: http://www.automobilemag.com/green/news/0901_2010_chrysler_town_and_country_ev/index.html

NotoriousPhil
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
As Serge said they wont be forced to stop making gas guzzlers but to get everyone off their back they will be putting several hybrid and electric cars. They are slated to be unveiled at the vancouver 2010 olympics.

Add your comment to this topic!