Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 accord wont start

onhonda
11-28-2008, 03:36 AM
I have a 93 accord. It pooped out one day on my a couple months back, its wouldnt start unless i jumped started it, after i disconnected the cables it would die a couple seconds later. So i figured it was the altenator. I bought 1 an replaced it(i disconnected the battery before i did anything). I checked all my hook ups an they are all correct. When i go to jump start it, the main fuze blows(30 watt if not mistaken) The car wont even attempt to start, i dont get any lights or a horn. I havent really had much time to mess with it. But any input would help.

thanks

wreckchord
11-28-2008, 03:37 AM
take a look at this site for fixing http://www.d-a-p.com/askus.htm get back to us on what the fix was please

onhonda
11-28-2008, 03:39 AM
well, me an my dad messed with it for like 2 hours again today. i have replaced the battery fuse(80 watt) an did a couple of other things. people keep telling me that there must be a short, but that really isnt helping me very much.

when i turn the key its dead silent. i have no lights or even a horn for that matter. i got my battery recharged today an still did nothing. then my dad tryed jumping it an it shot sparks when i hooked the cables up. But the wierd thing is that its only shooting sparks off the positive.

any feed back would be appriciated!

somick
11-29-2008, 01:07 PM
This definitely sounds like you have a short somewhere in the system.

Hook up an amp meter in series. If it reads more than 50 miliamps, try removing one fuse after another. When the current drops, you found that circuit.

Or you probably can try removing all fuses and put them back one after another.

Good luck,

Sam

Add your comment to this topic!