Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New acquisition

steviek
11-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Bought devils own meth kit stg 1
also will be putting on the SMIM soon!

vanilla gorilla
11-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Awesome, keep us updated. and lots of pics also

SilvrEclipse
11-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Awesome man. I have been thinking about getting a meth injection kit for the summers here. It gets way to hot here and intake temps will climb to around 140* under boost. Make sure to log the difference in intake temps with the meth on. I guess we will have to wait till summer before seeing a great deal of improvement.

steviek
11-28-2008, 09:23 AM
yea best part is A) I got it for a really good price 279 CAD and B a buddy who has a 1g in the 11's trapping 129 with this kit on pump gas is going to help me install and tune it afterwords. Are you sure it will be intake temps that get brought down because they are metered at the filter basically and the meth won't be injected at that point so I don't know how you could see a reduction. it should be a lot cooler in the engine but not at that point.

steviek
11-28-2008, 09:26 AM
i got the m10 m12 NS M14 Nozzles and the6-30 psi switch

SilvrEclipse
11-28-2008, 01:33 PM
O yea I forgot you have that stupied f*ckin maf. So basically the ECU reads the air temp and puts in fuel accordingly then your going to cool the intake temp down so the ECU wont realize it and your going to run lean? How are you going to compensate for the extra air?

I plan on using MS to turn on the meth when the temps get over x degrees but my AIT would compensate for the colder air. Are you just going to cut your on at a certain boost pressure and then tune a little richer at that boost level for the extra air?

steviek
11-28-2008, 01:45 PM
well remember I got the wideband to tell me how I'm doing. Yea it will cool it down and get me some extra timing and maybe make me run a little leaner but won't be too hard to iron out. I'm gonna have mine click on everytime I boost it past x psi.

scottsee
11-28-2008, 11:59 PM
i got the m10 m12 NS M14 Nozzles and the6-30 psi switch

I ran the M5 for a couple summers, it was to small for my evo316g, you'll be happy with the M10. Be extreamly carfull on how you position your injector. I chaised my tail over what I thought was a safe location for 6 months.. Moister in the GM MAFT FTL!

Add your comment to this topic!