Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 elantra with error codes

jyoung1z
11-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi, I did an engine swap on my elantra. I bought is with a bad water pumb and cooling fan didn't work. So I replaced the engine with a 28,000 miles on it Tibiron engine.

I am getting error codes

p0310 cylinder 10 misfire - only has 4 cylinders so don't get it.

p1700 code undefined code so not sure where to even start looking

p0710 (pd) tranny fluid temp sensor circuit

p1b00 (pd) undefined code again ??

Any assistance would be appreciated. I am laid off from work and have to try to figure this stuff out myself. That is why need the assistance.

Thanks for helping if you can.

lowsonoma1999
11-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi, I did an engine swap on my elantra. I bought is with a bad water pumb and cooling fan didn't work. So I replaced the engine with a 28,000 miles on it Tibiron engine.

I am getting error codes

p0310 cylinder 10 misfire - only has 4 cylinders so don't get it.

p1700 code undefined code so not sure where to even start looking

p0710 (pd) tranny fluid temp sensor circuit

p1b00 (pd) undefined code again ??

Any assistance would be appreciated. I am laid off from work and have to try to figure this stuff out myself. That is why need the assistance.

Thanks for helping if you can.

What year is the Tib engine from?

jyoung1z
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
What year is the Tib engine from?

1998 engine. I was told it was the correct engine for the engine swap. So that is what I used.

Thank you for trying to help me out. I hope to hear back from you soon.

lowsonoma1999
12-03-2008, 03:24 PM
As long as both were produced before 3/10/99, then the engines are the same. After that date, they changed. What changed about them, I do not know. I just know the part #s are different, and my catalog tells me they are not interchangeable. Could be some connectors you have mixed up. Those are some odd codes to come after an engine swap.

jyoung1z
12-04-2008, 10:49 PM
As long as both were produced before 3/10/99, then the engines are the same. After that date, they changed. What changed about them, I do not know. I just know the part #s are different, and my catalog tells me they are not interchangeable. Could be some connectors you have mixed up. Those are some odd codes to come after an engine swap.

Hi and thanks. I used car-part.com it shows that as long as it was produced THRU 07/06/1999 then they would be compatible. I know the company I called the first time explained the importance of the Production date to me.

So when I bought the engine I knew which Production date I needed. Yeah those Codes are weird. Could it be due to the car computer being bad? I found one other forum a Hyundai forum with a guy who had an 1997 Accent that had the exact same codes. His car wouldn't start either though. It was the original engine too.

No one had replied to his problem with any assistance.

But I asked if he had gotten the car fixed yet, and what he found out that caused his problems. No replies back yet.

Thank you for your assistance again. Let me know what you think.

Thank you.

blueufo
05-14-2011, 07:17 PM
I am having the same error codes but the check engine light is not on. There has been no engine swap. Does anyone know what this is?

Add your comment to this topic!