Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

About "original" ideas...

tonioseven
03-19-2003, 10:31 AM
"Originality" is not really something that should be argued over; just think about it: how many plastic kits are in existence in the world? How many builders are there in the world? There's enough room for us to build whatever we want without resorting to vilent verbal outbursts and accusations about something we have no real control over!:rolleyes: How many people are building Enzo kits? I don't see people arguing over those:) The moral of my boring story is that you should build what you want, however you want to build it! :bandit: Thank you! Now go build something!:p Just take a look through the Skyline meet thread;)

RyanGiorgio
03-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Wise words. Nicely said.

Vyacheslav
03-19-2003, 10:49 AM
You should be writing books instead of posting here :alien2:

turbo2nr
03-19-2003, 10:50 AM
could go in pholisiphing forum .
just a taught:rolleyes:

nice post tho!

Vyacheslav
03-19-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by sr20det2nr
could go in pholisiphing forum .
just a taught:rolleyes:

nice post tho!
Philosophizing* :rolleyes:

Verminator
03-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Im totally with you on this one, I build whatever takes my fancy at the time irrelevant of who makes the kit, ok tamiya, fujimi and aoshima usually turn out the 'best' kits but not always of the right cars for you and sometimes many versions of the same cars which although is good use of resorces on their part but a little boring for some of us. Anyway, stop procrastinating over trivia and build a model or better still two :)

turbo2nr
03-19-2003, 10:56 AM
Philosophizing*

hehehehe my grammer sux
:D :D

flyonthewall
03-19-2003, 12:08 PM
Further more, the majority of the members here have very similar tastes and dare i say it - think alike. Therefore its obvious that someone else has had the same ideas.

primera man
03-19-2003, 01:17 PM
:cool: :cool:

grandprix92
03-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by tonioseven
"Originality" is not really something that should be argued over; just think about it: how many plastic kits are in existence in the world? How many builders are there in the world? There's enough room for us to build whatever we want without resorting to vilent verbal outbursts and accusations about something we have no real control over!:rolleyes: How many people are building Enzo kits? I don't see people arguing over those:) The moral of my boring story is that you should build what you want, however you want to build it! :bandit: Thank you! Now go build something!:p Just take a look through the Skyline meet thread;)

very nice words.

Hiroboy
03-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by flyonthewall
Further more, the majority of the members here have very similar tastes and dare i say it - think alike. Therefore its obvious that someone else has had the same ideas.

I agree, I have to look before I start now to see who has done it before, or is thinking of it as not to upset anyone.

Jay!
03-19-2003, 02:40 PM
I've got to say I really don't see a problem in this matter.

Henry (turbos86) and I (and others?) both want to build the Spoon S2000. Okay, no big deal. We're trying to build the same car, but no doubt we'll try different things to get there. I'm sure he'll do some things better than I will, and vice versa. When we're done, we'll compare notes of what worked and what didn't, and I believe wel'l both be better modelers for it.

Modelcargarage
03-19-2003, 02:48 PM
then why did mustang do it too K-dog im just curious but all i have to say is things come around and mustang will get it back

flyonthewall
03-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
I've got to say I really don't see a problem in this matter.

Henry (turbos86) and I (and others?) both want to build the Spoon S2000. Okay, no big deal. We're trying to build the same car, but no doubt we'll try different things to get there. I'm sure he'll do some things better than I will, and vice versa. When we're done, we'll compare notes of what worked and what didn't, and I believe wel'l both be better modelers for it.

Exactly and we are all going to enjoy seeing each interpretation. The same could be said for the F+F Supra, TRD MR2, F50 GT, shall i go on!:D

Add your comment to this topic!