Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do I program remote starter? 2002

monkerr
11-23-2008, 11:53 AM
I have one that's programed already, and I want to program another one. If someone could help me with this problem, I will be greatly pleased. Thanks for your time. Oh it's a 2002 model.

wafrederick
11-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Is it an aftermarket or factory one?If it is a factory remote starter,take it to the dealer to get programed with the DRB III and this is the only way to do it.

monkerr
11-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Is it an aftermarket or factory one?If it is a factory remote starter,take it to the dealer to get programed with the DRB III and this is the only way to do it.

I got it with the car, but he gave me another one. How do I program that one? I was told as long as I have one already I can do it without going to a dealer.

wafrederick
11-28-2008, 02:28 PM
What you have been told is not true if it is a factory one and the only way to program it is with the DRB III only.The All Data and Mitchell say the only way to program any factory Chrysler key fobs and other Chrysler remotes is with the DRB III

monkerr
11-28-2008, 03:04 PM
What you have been told is not true if it is a factory one and the only way to program it is with the DRB III only.The All Data and Mitchell say the only way to program any factory Chrysler key fobs and other Chrysler remotes is with the DRB III

You know what I mean by I have one already right? One is programmed already to open the car start it etc... I want to program the second one to work as well. Also where are you getting your information? Because I know you can program Fobs if you have one already.

wafrederick
11-28-2008, 06:59 PM
A Mitchell auto repair manual on computer which is more accurate.The only way to program a Chrysler Key fob is with the DRB III only and call the dealer on this.

ponchonutty
11-30-2008, 05:00 PM
No 2002 Concorde ever came with OEM remote start. Now, keyless entry yes. Many of my dealers used the cheap remote starters I sell in which you use the OE remote by doing something like pressing lock 3 times in a row.

monkerr
11-30-2008, 07:31 PM
No 2002 Concorde ever came with OEM remote start. Now, keyless entry yes. Many of my dealers used the cheap remote starters I sell in which you use the OE remote by doing something like pressing lock 3 times in a row.Yea! sorry How do I set it for keyless entry? Please help!

ponchonutty
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
OK then.

According to Chrysler this procedure covers the 2001-2002 Concorde:

Program Method A (Customer Program Method)

Press (LOCK) button 5 times at 2 second intervals to resynchronize transmitter. Attempt to function transmitter, if working as designed discontinue programming.
Turn ignition to run position. (Allow ignition chimes[UNLOCK] to stop).
Using any original (working) transmitter, press the [UNLOCK] button for 4 to 10 seconds.
Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the [UNLOCK] button and press the [PANIC] button for 1 second and release both buttons (AN/DN release either button first). A chime will sound to indicate that the transmitter programming mode has been entered (allow 3 seconds for chime to sound).
Press [LOCK] and [UNLOCK] buttons simultaneously for 1 second and release (a short chime will sound for AN/DN).
Press and release any button on the same transmitter and a chime will sound after successfully programming the transmitter (locks will cycle for AN/DN). NOTE:(FOR DR ONLY) A CHIME WILL NOT SOUND ON STEP # 6 FOR THE FIRST TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMED, BUT WILL SOUND UPON PROGRAMMING THE SECOND TRANSMITTER.
Repeat steps 5 through 6 to program additional transmitters.
Turn ignition to OFF position. Transmitter programming mode v/ill discontinue after 60 seconds (30 seconds for AN/DN and RS). (All transmitter programming must be completed within time specified

Add your comment to this topic!