Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"97 Lumina won't start - NO power

TavellingJeanne
11-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Lumina completely dead - no dash lights, no power locks, no noise, nothing. But sometimes if you move the seat all the way back - voila! it comes alive! Did have work done on it month ago - tranny flush, gaskets and spark plugs replaced. Battery only 1 yr old. Is is something with wires - under the seat? A ground maybe? Hey, I'm a girl that knows little about cars!

Blue Bowtie
11-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Moving the seat is probably coincidental - Probably. Since you can evidently move the seat when there is no power, I'll presume the seat is not powered. That being the case, the only wiring under the seat will be for the seat belt buckles and the SIR system conroller. Neither of those should prevent a loss of primary power to the other systems. I'd suspect a connection problem at the battery, main positive power node on the underhood electrical center (the one on the left side, right behind the windshield washer fluid reservoir), and the main ground from the battery and engine to the body.

You might also want to inspect the MAXI fuses in the underhood electrical center and the sockets for those fuses.

Add your comment to this topic!