Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Comparing two '04 models: advice needed

Grahf
11-23-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm buying a used car and have narrowed the available options down to two, both 2004 models: a V6 Chrysler Sebring Touring sedan and a V4 Kia Optima LX. The Optima seems to be the better choice when everything's equal, but it's not; the Sebring has 40,000 miles on it to the Optima's 71,000, and a warranty from the manufacturer instead of NADN. Each has one previous owner. I'm leaning toward the Optima as the beter value and also apparently a more reliable car, but all I've really got to go on is some really general reviews, a Consumer Reports rating that marginally favors the Kia, and mixed anecdotes about both models. I'm hoping somebody here has some experience with at least one of the cars, and can speak to which one is better for the long haul.

Oldengineer
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I owned a 2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2.7V6(Signature Edition). I bought it new, and, traded it off as soon as the 70K powertrain warranty ran out. During the time I owned it, the tranny was rebuilt once, and, fixed twice more for major fluid leaks. I had coolant leaks, A/C problems, brake problems, and a major suspension problem. All were fixed under warrranty. When the warranty ran out, I swapped it for a new Saturn. Don't know about KIA, but, I'd pass on the Chrysler.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Hungrycat7
11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Not too sure if the Kia is a good idea but I know the Chrysler is not a good idea!

coled91
11-28-2008, 07:26 PM
not to offend you but they are both pieces of s***. kia is a disposable car and chrysler is not really any better..

Add your comment to this topic!