Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Drivers door wireing

mcgee139
11-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Hello I have a 94 jgc 5.2l. The wireing on the drivers door keeps braking.(power windows,speakers) I have fixed it a few times but now I think that I need to replace all the pins and run new wire my question is what type of wire should I use ?(so it would not brake in a month or two) and has any one else had this probem?

msdz
11-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I think a lot of people that have issues with their power windows and door locks and even their alarm are due to the wires in the doors breaking. I have problems anyway with these not working properly and suspect that wires in the doors are shorting out. It looks as if these wires had been removed or worked on before in my Jeep before I had got it. All this stuff worked fine for a few months after I got my Jeep and now they work more or less when they want to. I was going to take my panel off and then look at the wires in the rubber protector to see if any wires were corroded or bare.
I would not have any idea of what type of wire to actually use to replace. I sometimes think if I could rewire my whole Jeep I would not have any problems out of it at all.

dksob81
12-10-2008, 07:09 AM
I am now having the sameproblem in my 98, the day before yesterday I noticed my remote wouldn't unlock my drivers door, so i used the key and I also can't control any of the windows from the drivers switch or lock the doors with the power door lock button (the drivers door will lock but none of the other). The wire running from the body to the door (door Jam) are known for breaking on ZJ's so i am going to start there.

Add your comment to this topic!