Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

good car for $2000?

jackieinertia
11-21-2008, 07:20 PM
ok, so i don't know anything about cars. like, at all.

i really need a car, but all i can spend is $2000. i live in austin, texas. where should i look, what should i look for, how can i tell the liars from the honest people, etc.

i'd only be driving around town and at the most be making two 16 hour round trip drives a year to visit my parents. a car would also enable me to get a second job (it'd cut around 2 hours off my primary job for bus travel time) so any help would be appreciated greatly!

coled91
11-28-2008, 07:31 PM
well $2000 is not a whole lot to work with but i bought my first car a 1995 nissan altima that i am still driving right now for around $2000 after i got it fixed up. (had a couple problems) those really are not bad cars they have very low resale for some reason so you should be able to get one cheap. maybe a 4 cylinder truck those are good on gas and generally cheap

soapsuds22
11-30-2008, 07:33 AM
A good place to look is always Autotrader.com. Just put in your zip code and set your max price for 2 grand. If I were in your spot I would look for an older toyota corolla. I had a 91 that I couldn't kill. When I sold it she had just over 400,000 miles on her. Yea she was a rustbucket but she started every morning and got me to work and back.

Add your comment to this topic!