97 Ram 1500 Evap Vacuum System

Punkfood
11-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Recently did overhaul and lost vacuum info. I broke a few brittle vac lines in the process. I just need a diagram for an evap system. Dealer only provides general diagram of purge system. Pics under the hood would help greatly, or simply a description of what coonects to what and what lines have restricters. Please help!

jpb53
11-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Use this link http://search.ebscohost.com/ in userid and password type in library in both boxes. Click on the ARRC. Then choose your year, make, model, and eng size. When the list comes up choose repair procedures. On the left hand side choose drveability and emission controls .

Punkfood
11-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Thanks, that is a really good site. But the vacuum diagram on that site is the same one the dealer gave me. The diagram references an EGR valve, but my truck does not have this valve and not as many port holes on the manifold. The diagram available is not for an Evap vacuum system. When I called the dealer about this and provided my VIN, they told me that my truck had an Evap vacuum system, and that only their vans were the only other ones that have this evap system for this year.

I have looked under the hood so many times that I remember where all the lines are and where they connect, but I don't know how they connect to each other. I have the easy ones done. I need need to know where the line from the throttle body goes, the 4x4, and if any lines need to be connected to some sensor where the computer can retard the motor. Right now I got major pinging going on, have really rough idle, and the motor just quits if left idling for about 1-2 mins. I can't believe that I did the entire overhaul myself, but something as simple vacuum lines is what's stopping me from running my truck right.

Add your comment to this topic!