Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 silhouette alternator regulator screw

motoguzzi-guru1978
11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
I have a 2000 olds silhouette minivan. I have been experiencing the common problem with the flickering headlights. I have part number 10316685 ( screw and washer) ordered from the dealership. Does anybody have detailed instructions on how to install the part on the alternator itself??? I know about disconnecting the battery and stuff. I read that that the location of the screw is 1/3 of the way inbetween the cable on the alternator and the harness on the alternator. The only thing I saw on the alternator in this location was what appeared to be either a bolt or nut. Thanks in advance

11-20-2008, 10:52 PM
GM bulletin #01-06-03-005 to fix this says 1- disconnect the batt. 2 remove the wiper cover. 3 remove the volt regulator ground screw ( located 1/3 from large batt cable on the alt to the harness connector on the rear of the alt. use a stubby #2 phillips to break it loose. to get that screw out is a pain in the ---. 4 install the new washer and screw from the new kit though the voltage regulator into the alt case and tighten the screw. 6 replace the wiper cover and replace the batt cable and your finished. hope this puts some light on this. FYI shop time is .3 of an hour

Add your comment to this topic!