Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check engine light

Gert
11-17-2008, 08:00 AM
My check engine light went on a few days ago and is on steady. I checked the manual and it said that it could be the fuel I've added or the gas cover could be loose, but the gas cover is tight and the gas is the same that I've always used, just a different station. What else could it be? Should I take it to a mechanic to get them to check it out? Will I wreck something if I don't?

Mike

roadrunner2
11-17-2008, 02:51 PM
My check engine light went on a few days ago and is on steady. I checked the manual and it said that it could be the fuel I've added or the gas cover could be loose, but the gas cover is tight and the gas is the same that I've always used, just a different station. What else could it be? Should I take it to a mechanic to get them to check it out? Will I wreck something if I don't?

Mike

Take it to Autozone or some other place and have the codes read ofor free and then post the code # here for further help.

Gert
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Really, there are places that will hook up your car for free? I thought as soon as I bring it in and they hook up their machine, I'm out $50 - $100. I live in Canada. Know any places that are free?

11-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Really, there are places that will hook up your car for free? I thought as soon as I bring it in and they hook up their machine, I'm out $50 - $100. I live in Canada. Know any places that are free? ask at parts sorce 2850 vic east or the 1020 albert north location in regina sk

Gert
11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey sweet someone from Regina on here. I'll give them a call. thanks for your help.

Mike

roadrunner2
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
ask at parts sorce 2850 vic east or the 1020 albert north location in regina sk

Excellent call 463. I'm in Ontario but although I've heard there are places here that check for free I don't have specifics.

Have to check out parts suppliers I guess.

Add your comment to this topic!