Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear spring compatibility

sgbuick
11-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Has anyone used 91-96 springs on a 97 or later model? Will they fit? There are 2 reasons I want to do this: 1 to get a softer ride and 2 because they are much easier to find in salvage yards. There only seems to be 1 aftermarket rear spring available new and it's impossible to tell if it's the stiff riding (Grand Touring) or soft riding (Dynaride) ones.

ZiggyPA
11-15-2008, 05:14 AM
In my topic about the grand touring suspension a couple of weeks ago, there is a link to another topic about this.

sgbuick
11-15-2008, 11:31 PM
ZiggyPA, I checked the other post but my main question is whether the newer redesigned model P/A (97-2005) and Lesabre (2000-2005) can use the same rear springs as the earlier ones (92-99 Lesabre and 91-96 P/A). Thanks.

TopherS
11-24-2008, 02:57 PM
sgbuick, Sorry I can't help you on this, but if you do find out, please post what you find. I would like to know the same thing...I've been wanting a softer ride from my 01 PA. I was thinking more about replacing the front springs on mine, but I don't know if they'll work. I could see replacing all four, if they'd work...

sgbuick
11-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Tophers, same here, it is frustrating to see only 1 moog spring listed as being available (on Advance Auto parts website, as well as the local parts stores) and then on the Moog website with all the details (rate, etc.), that spring is not even mentioned on the list. Here's the moog website in case anyone's interested:

http://bbb-carb.com/moog_Coil_Springs.htm

Jrs3800
11-29-2008, 02:35 PM
You will not be able to use the 91-96 Park Ave springs as the 97+ went to the newer platform...

If you had a 96 I could easily tell you what to get to make it a mean handling Buick..LOL

You might want to check the compatibility of parts between the Park Ave and the 00+ Bonneville SLE, SSEi and GXP... I believe that these were built on the same platform but can't say for certain..

we would need to be able to compare the spring specs between them but as of yet I have found nothing that will show me the specs...

At one point there was a Site I used to look up a lot of various spring specs... The site has changed:shakehead

Add your comment to this topic!