Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Immediate help

Dimension_X
11-14-2008, 12:40 AM
This problem just occurred tonight and is bugging me. So I was driving home when I noticed that simultaneously my: e-brake light,battery light, and the two door open lights as well as the trunk light and the "your brake lights are out" light all lit up on my DASH! So basically, all the "red" lights on the dash lit up at once, and then instantly went off. This happened at least 4 times within a 10 minuet period. No funky engine noises or knocks or hums or anything out of the ordinary. The last time this happened (but the lights stayed on) my alternator bolt snapped and was pulling away from the engine block, I have since got that fixed. I got home opened the hood any check all the electrical stuff...nothing was wrong at all so I have no idea why those lights flashed. Anyone know whats going on?

jeffcoslacker
11-14-2008, 05:05 AM
Didn't just drive through some standing water or something?

Sounds like what they do when the alt belt slips momentarily...

Dimension_X
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Ok, turned on the car this morning and all those lights came on and stayed on I opted not to drive it today. Really could use some advice, should I take it to Honda or a local shop?

jgr7
11-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Sounds like your alternator could be bad. You will have to test to be sure.
Jeff

Dimension_X
11-15-2008, 03:35 AM
funny thing is the alternator and battery are nearly new. Ill just take it in and have them run a diagnostic.

Add your comment to this topic!