Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hybrid Car ??

jdawson1960
11-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I am getting ready to buy another car now. When gas prices were $4 plus, I was really thinking about buying a hybrid. Now with gas prices back down to $2 or less, should I.

I understand the environment situation, however with the cost of a hybrid being $5k plus more, I will never make the money back over the life of the 4-5 years I am going to keep the car.

So any feedback of your experience owning a hybrid, or why I should or shoulnt would be appreciated.

Autotropolis12
12-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Hybrid car is type of car that utilizes two energy sources for its movement. The popular hybrid cars in the market are manufactured in such a manner to combine the benefits of an internal combustion engine and electrical motor.

The advantage of the hybrid car is that it can rectify the complaints in the both systems and balances the use of electrical energy and gasoline engine, in their optimum levels.

I have been acknowledged with all this information through Autotropolis well wishers.

'97ventureowner
12-16-2008, 01:48 PM
From many of the reports I've seen and articles I've read , it seems that buying/owning a hybrid may not be the best choice. Some of the reasons given are the high initial purchase price, the time it takes to recoup the difference in price versus the cost of a "regular" vehicle in fuel savings. Also the stated efficiency can be up to 10% or more off than the figures advertised. Finding repair shops has also been reported as an issue. The main issue still revolves around he time it takes to recoup any savings from buying a hybrid after taking into consideration the higher price for purchase, and in many cases insurance and other associated costs. Studies have been done that show buying a regular vehicle can actually cost you less over a long period of time.

Add your comment to this topic!