Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ABS and TCS Light on Silhouette

Sandfobs
11-09-2008, 11:37 AM
This is a third vehicle I have an Oldsmobile Silhouette 1998 I am not sure on the size of the engine yet. Wifey was driving and the ABS and TCS light came on and remains on. The vehicle is still driving fine and no other problems have come of this yet. The only difference in weather conditions is that the snow had start falling and then these lights came on.

Any suggestions would be great. I will be trying to purchase the book for my van soon but if there something that could be checked now that would be great. No work has been done on the van yet.

rockwood84
11-09-2008, 11:45 AM
each wheel has a speed sensor it is on the back side of the hub. it has a connector with wires going to each one. the wires have a curve in them before the connector. it is possible that the connector is loose or a wire is broken.

kidfam
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
So what was the outcome? This occurance happened to us yesterday after being 3 hours on the freeway. Both lights came on and keep coming on after restart of the van.

Sandfobs
12-30-2009, 09:48 AM
I had borrowed a code reader and no codes were returned but of course you need a better code reader that can read abs codes as well. I pulled each wheel off and checked each sensor as stated in the above post. My problem is still not fixed so it is parked still at the moment as I will not use the vehicle in this condition. My only next step for me is too take it in and get it checked at the garage and just find out what it is and then make the repair myself.

Add your comment to this topic!