Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Substitute for Model Master Red Putty

rogotoda
11-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Hello guys!!
Can someone help me find a substitute for the Model Master Red Putty from Testors? I tested a lot of other brands and didn't find any replacement as good as the red putty....

Thanks!!

rsxse240
11-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Evercoat glazing putty. Hands down the best putty in a tube for the money.

On a side note, I too liked the testors red putty, but after a while (a few years) it REALLY shrinks up, and leaves nice little indentions wherever you used the putty. Since evercoat is a polyurethane putty, it is not as likely to shrink. The testors stuff is like liquid model cement with dirt in it or something.

I'd check out the line of tamiya putties, I have some of their 2 part stuff, and it is freakin' great.

Mojo_stevo
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Milliput superfine 2-part putty works very well. It finishes very smooth.

ScaleCentral
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM
I love Tamiya's two part putty. It has always worked great for me.
Nic

adz13091982
11-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Tamiya 2 part works great - finishes really well.

ariel
11-10-2008, 09:32 AM
I like the Tamiya Basic Putty but can't get it anymore.
For what I have heard Tamiya is dropping the putty line how true it is I don't really know.:crying:

Ariel

bobss396
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Go to an auto body supply store and get a tube of Nitrostan glazing putty. I believe that I'm the only person using this, but the stuff is great. It shrinks minimally (try not to put on too much!) and can be sanded in an hour. It comes in red, white and gray.

Other auto parts stores carry 3M, Cargroom and Bondo brands, I like them all.

Bob

rogotoda
11-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for your inputs, I tried the Tamiya 2 part putty, and I don't know if the putty I bought was expired but it takes a lot to dry. Since most of you recommend the Tamiya, I'll try a new tube.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Sincerely,
Roberto.

Add your comment to this topic!