Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need some semi-tech info, please read

taco85
11-08-2008, 12:51 AM
i'm building a tbird right now, early 80's vintage, and one of the goals of my build is to use as much off the shelf factory ford parts (from any model) as possible, and i'm happy to say that so far i'm doing a damned good job of that :D

right now i'm looking for some info on the exterior stuff. i am building the car to go fast, not on the quarter mile, but for road race, endurance, time attack, etc. the car will more than likely see 100mph+ speeds a lot, and i am looking at my options for rear downforce. i would like to use a wing from a 99-04 cobra r. i rather like it, and think it would look good on the car as well. for whatever wing i get, i will be adding some bracing to the trunklid and such so that it doesnt just flex the trunk.

does anyone know if ford designed the cobra r wing for aerodynamics and downforce, or is it just part of their typical looks package.

i've seen aftermarket wings in the cobra r style, like carbon creations that claim that theirs produce downforce, but i thought i would give the ford part a try first.

anyone?

Add your comment to this topic!