Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Uninstalling upper intake manifold for FPR?

searcherrr
11-07-2008, 02:33 AM
I have the 1995 3.8L Windstar with no IMRC. I want to replace my FPR. Has anyone else done this? Do you really have to remove the intake manifold to replace the FPR? How involved is removing the intake manifold if so?

LeSabre97mint
11-07-2008, 06:46 AM
What is a FPR?

edit:****Got it....fuel psi reg....****

wiswind
11-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I replaced mine a long time ago....when I was trying to track down a slight misfire....which finally got bad enough to light the CEL.....and turned out to be simple dirty fuel injector.....(Berryman's B-12 Chemtool)......

Anyhow....I did not need to remove the upper intake manifold....it was a easy replacement.

searcherrr
11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I replaced mine a long time ago....when I was trying to track down a slight misfire....which finally got bad enough to light the CEL.....and turned out to be simple dirty fuel injector.....(Berryman's B-12 Chemtool)......

Anyhow....I did not need to remove the upper intake manifold....it was a easy replacement.

THANK GOD !!!! UGGH. WOOF SIGH OF RELIEF!

Even though I have the CD n stuff some things are wrong and often very hard to understand or track down cause of the weird way its organized. The CD says you have to take off the intake manifold. Visually inspecting it I just couldn't see why you'd need to.

Anyway, FPR is on its way and it will be the 1st of 13 things to try in my other thread: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=5854124#post5854124

Add your comment to this topic!