Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ticking from passenger side

kjm6995
11-06-2008, 10:36 PM
i've got a 2000 blazer and there is a ticking noise coming from the passenger side floor area. sounds like the turn signal is sticking after use.I've replaced the relay to no avail. Possable signal switch bad? also the wipers give me a hard time when trying to clean the windshield. have to force to work. help......:banghead:

03silveradoaby
11-07-2008, 01:13 AM
It's your multifunction switch. Turn signal lever.

fuzzbutt
11-07-2008, 07:57 AM
On your wiper issue..

I don't know if it applies to the 2000's but my '98 needed a new control board on the wiper motor at about the 6 year old mark. There was corrosion all over that board. After that the wipers worked great. You may just be able to clean it off but I had the dealer I just bought my truck from replace the board.

AJT1961
11-07-2008, 10:38 AM
As the above poster said, the clicking is definitely from the multifunction switch (turn signal switch) which is a well-known problem on these vehicles. There is an excellent post in the "how-to" section about how to clean the multifunction switch. I just used those instructions to install a new multifunction switch on my 2000 Blazer and they are excellent -- no, actually a life-saver. They made what could have been a nightmare job into an easy and pleasant one.

Add your comment to this topic!