Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

parking aid sensor in bumper

rjcl004
11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Our 2003 windstar recently developed a problem. The parking aid no longer beeps as you back up to let you know how close you are getting to something behind you. The button on the dash is lit up indicating that you have turned it off, but we haven't and you can't turn it back on. Could someone please tell me if there is a relay that is bad, are the sensor(s) bad or what and how do I figure out what is wrong? After using it for 5 years, I am afraid we will mistakenly back into something because the broken system didn't tell us to stop and we are quite used to it doing so.
Thanks for your help! Rick :screwy:

BoogiesAdda
11-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I too have had this problem and am lost and refuse to pay the dealer 70/hour to diagnose it

mundy5
11-06-2008, 07:24 PM
folks, I have 19 pages in pdf form I can send to you via email on this. I have not looked at it, but I presume that it has some useful diagnostic information. pm me and give me your email add. I'd be glad to send it to you.

mundy5
11-07-2008, 01:12 PM
now that both of you have the pdf file, it would be a great help to others who are struggling with this problem to see a solution posted. It might turn out to be different in each case, but a solution would be great.

BoogiesAdda
11-08-2008, 08:21 AM
It is pouring rain here today looking at diagnosing it sometime this week i will get back to you on the problem

Add your comment to this topic!