Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

looking to do a few freebies

pic2sketch
11-03-2008, 03:56 PM
???

knightvision
11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi there!

You are using a computer to simulate a drawing? And that is what you're actually selling? Wow.

Who buys that? I mean... either I want to have a photorealistic illustration, then I can leave the photography as it is, or I want an artistic view on the subject, then I can give it to an artist who draws/paints/illustrates it. It's like you were selling stickers with a mud texture so that a clean car can look dirty... That doesn't make any sense to me?

I don't want to critisize you in any way for what you're doing, I'm stunned and interested in your idea, really, but who's the artist here? You? Your computer?

GirlBear
11-05-2008, 05:38 PM
this is preposterous.lol i dont care either way. art is in the eye of the beholder sometimes. if you were trying to sell us this stuff, id tell you to take a hike. but ur just sharing ur stuff with us. i dont get it man. but thats just my opinion. and everybodys got 1 of those.

knightvision
11-06-2008, 11:09 AM
I was just a bit confused because usually, it's the artist who makes a drawing special and unique, because of his craftsmanship, his knowledge, his mind and his soul - his personality. Computers can do a lot, they are awesome machines, but they can not (yet) do what I've mentioned above. However, the exciting fact about art is that it can never be done by a computer but only with a computer as a powerful tool, but on the same level as a usual pencil. And so as you're asking the question

Why sell programs like photshop etc at all ?

I'd say yeah, it's sold to create art, but not really to simulate art. If you'd draw and paint the dog/animal/etc with a tablet or mouse in photoshop, it would be art, of course.

Well I guess you got the point now. I just want to explain why we're not so enthusiastic about your work.

We're all artists around here, not like Picasso or Warhol, but we're all creating something on a blank piece of paper or in an empty photoshop file. That's why it's quite hard for many of us to understand what you're doing. We, who are into drawing, will not recognize the value of one of your pieces, even if it was our dog or car.

I wouldn't have thought that you could be so successful with this, but hey, if it works for you, it's just fine!

nicecar
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM
That's the first thing i learnt with photoshop. It's alright but there are much more complicated methods that achieve much better results!

Just my opinion.

GirlBear
11-11-2008, 01:56 AM
???
DELETED!

Add your comment to this topic!