Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbo chargers

luxeryvic
11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
what is the difference between different turbos different cars? they are all set up the same arent they? like could you use a diesel turvo on a sbc or a nissan turbo on an amc stright 6???

Outlaw572
11-09-2008, 09:19 AM
There is a lot of difference. You must size the turbo correctly for different applications. Your engine is capable of consuming so many lbs of air per minute. You must plot this out. They have compressor maps to show the efficiencys of different compressors and if your not in the correct efficiency your turbo will not perform well.
I suggest you do more research or get a kit that is designed for your engine and performance goals.

sadie123
12-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Im new to tha geo, at my school we have a beat the teacher race and i got a 91 Geo Prizm for free. i wanted to know what i can swap into it? I want a direct bolt on swap and im gonnna boost it. I dont really mind if tha engine blows i just wanna beat the teacher with a GEO PRIZM. I need some info. The point of the build and race is to use no money but imma cheat, im only willing to spent like $200. i already have a 1g eclipse turbo and intercooler

wiswiry
01-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Turbo is available with all engines. But it depends on the capacity and size of the turbine engine exhaust, if you select the size, it does not mash with the acceleration may be slower than originally estimated.

Add your comment to this topic!