Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I have some codes; need to know what to fix??

car4685
11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I have the following codes on my 2001 Blazer;

P0128-Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp. below themostat regulating temp.)

P0101-Mass or Volume Circuit Range Performance Problem

P0151-O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

So those are the codes I got from my scanner and the discription that it gave. I would like your help in telling my what parts I need to fix each code. Thanks a bunch.

Schrade
11-01-2008, 09:29 PM
I have the following codes on my 2001 Blazer;

P0128-Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp. below themostat regulating temp.)

P0101-Mass or Volume Circuit Range Performance Problem

P0151-O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

So those are the codes I got from my scanner and the discription that it gave. I would like your help in telling my what parts I need to fix each code. Thanks a bunch.

Get a multimeter (you'll need one for house and car until the end of time). Go to a local mechanic, see if you can get them to print out ALLDATA, or Mitchell's online, diagnostic procedure for those codes.

If you go to a mechanic, don't let 'em start replacin' parts without doin' the diagnostics as recommended (unless you're rich, and then send me some cash?).

mike2004tct
11-02-2008, 08:32 AM
The P0128 would indicate the thermostat could be continuously open.
P0151 is the oxygen sensor (normally the heated unit is shot), but this could
also be due to the thermostat.

I'd replace the thermostat first, erase the codes, and see what happens.
It's not that exspensive, and I change mine every 5 years when I change the radiator fluid.

car4685
11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Alright..thanks

Schrade
11-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Maybe before replacin' anything, do some testing. It is ALWAYS, FOREVER AND EVER AMEN, cheaper to test FIRST. Not the American way tho'.

If you're gonna' pull the thermostat before any electrical testing, then TEST the thermostat. Thermometer, pot, boiling water, observe opening temperature.

And O2's have pretty specific codes - rich, lean, open circuit, grounded circuit, and they specify heated O2's also in the printout (HO2)

Test the circuit first. It's awkward, but cheap. Unless you're rich. Then send me some $?

Add your comment to this topic!