Page updated on 11-20-2017

truck won't go in reverse

manuvablack
11-01-2008, 03:44 PM
can anyone help me with my proplem.
my truck won't go in reverse and the engine is racing from 0-20mph.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: just happened today

Blue Bowtie
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Make sure the fluid level is correct. Make sure the line pressure is adequate. If there are no error codes indicating solenoid problems, you might want to look into this:

http://72.19.213.157/files/4L60ERepairs.html

wafrederick
11-01-2008, 10:41 PM
The sunshell is broken or the teeth of the sunshell are stripped which is a common problem with the 700s and 4L60Es.The transmission has to come out to fix this for a repair.There is one upgrade in the direct drum which the aftermarket is right and GM is 100% wrong,five black springs and there is one thing to do with them: THROW THEM AWAY!The aftermarket says to throw them away and GM says to put them back in.Those five black springs restrict the clutches from floating resulting in burnt up clutches which the aftermarket found out.What year is the vehicle?if it is 1996 and up,you need a special release tool to release the transmission lines from the fittings called Jiffy tite fittings.The advantage of the jiffy tite fittings over the flare nut fittings is they do not leak and take less time to remove.There is a plasic cover to pry away,blow the dirt and debri out and put the tool in.Make sure the tool is properly seated and turn it 60 degrees which the line should come out.

Add your comment to this topic!