Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lucas fuel injection cleaner and oil additive

brido76
10-31-2008, 08:13 AM
Any one ever used lucas products? such as oil additive and fuel injection cleaner? does any of it work or is it just hype?

Classicrocjunkie
10-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Use some seafoam, i've seen better results myself. Just use it properly.

Scrapper
10-31-2008, 11:54 AM
i've never used lukas but i hear it's good but i use sea fom in my bike and cars haven't had a problem yet.

JStumpalump150
11-01-2008, 09:45 PM
ok, so i know i have to use the vacum line on the intake to poor seafoam into but which on of these things is the vacum line? i want to say its the large one on the right but i dont want to unhook something and screw it up...
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/JStumpalump150/CellPhonepics050.jpg

and does anyone know why i cant use firefox to post stuff??? i cleared my cookies and cache and everything and nothing....kinda embarassing cuz im a computer science major and cant figure this out, lol

Schrade
11-01-2008, 10:21 PM
and does anyone know why i cant use firefox to post stuff??? i cleared my cookies and cache and everything and nothing....kinda embarassing cuz im a computer science major and cant figure this out, lol

I do Linux and FF, and have only a few minor problems, which might or might not be FF-related.

Not too much a fan of the magic- turbo- super- boost- potion-in-a-can. Dump in a bottle of Everclear maybe, but the witch-doctor-nitro-octane-gunge-remover can stay on the shelf, IMO.

Classicrocjunkie
11-02-2008, 04:27 PM
You can use any of those vacuum lines cept the FPR.

JStumpalump150
11-02-2008, 04:34 PM
which one is that?

C man
11-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I used the the Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner. I didn't notice any diffrence maybe except a slightly smoother idle. Didn't improve gas mileage. To me fuel injector cleaner doesn't do much at all if you maintain your engine. but i still use it from time to time for peace of mind. Maybe it does clean the injectors but to me if there already pretty clean your not doing much else when you add injector cleaner.

JStumpalump150
11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
well i have 115,000 miles on my car and just started getting a knock in the engine that goes and comes as it pleases so i figured i would try to clean it out, it sounds like a have penny rattling around in the engine sometimes but then it will go away and the engine will run perfecty, there are no performance changes as i can tell but the sound is irritating me and i cant figure out what it is

Scrapper
11-02-2008, 11:10 PM
like i said i use sea foam in all vehicles even my bike using for my carbs and they never tarnish. i can use the 3 months i got lay up on bike. when i go start it in the spring one bump on startrer and it's running. you can also put in oil in car and many more things you can put it in your oil right before you change oil cars,boats,bikes,simis,anything that runs.they say lucas was good i done some checking and they prefure sea foam.

C man
11-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Don't know what to say about the rattling. I have a rattling sound at idle. I'm pretty sure its a the plastic connecter rattling against something but i can't find it. I have also used seafom cleaner as a gas additive. No noticable diffrence either. Haven't tried the vaccum hose method. I was until I dropped the oil pan to change the oil pan gasket. Clean as whistle. I even still have cross-hatches on the cylinder walls at 145k. But i change my oil every 3500-4000 miles. I would change it every 5000k if it didn't burn oil but that's another story.

J-Ri
11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Seafoam works well for the air intake and crankcase, but is as useful as a tank of ethanol for the fuel injectors (it's almost entirely alcohol, just enough petroleum to make it undrinkable)

One product I strongly reccomend for the fuel injectors is BG Products "44K"

DO NOT USE LUCAS IN THE OIL see link --> http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

My boss bought a Jeep a while back and changed all the fluids. He drove to work (about a mile) after doing that (and adding lucas) over the weekend. After sitting in the parking lot for several hours, we got to talking about additives and I mentioned that site. He pulled his Jeep around and put it on a hoist (50 feet at 15 MPH). He pulled the fill plug out and at least a cup of foamy oil poured out. He had let it sit for quite a while to make sure it wasn't at all overfilled since the Jeeps have that crappy rubber plug that always leak. That means there was one cup of air mixed in the oil, after sitting for a long time and then barely moving it. Imagine that crap going through an oil pump at 3,000 RPM :eek:

Classicrocjunkie
11-05-2008, 04:28 PM
which one is that?

The one that is running to the Fuel pressure regulator on your fuel rail... lol

Add your comment to this topic!