Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlight replacement

pomerjon
10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Anyone have a detailed step by step on how to swap headlights, I bought halo projector headlights that I want to put in. I have a 95 Eclipse Gs. And Im sure the front bumper cover needs to come off so if that process is included that would be great. I have a Haynes book but it sucks. ty

david-b
10-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Anyone have a detailed step by step on how to swap headlights, I bought halo projector headlights that I want to put in. I have a 95 Eclipse Gs. And Im sure the front bumper cover needs to come off so if that process is included that would be great. I have a Haynes book but it sucks. ty

There's 4 bolts underneath the car. If you look under the bumper, right in front of the wheel well, there's 2 on each side. They connect the bumper to the fenders. Then you have to take off the bolts on top where the hood release is (5 of them I think along with the metal bracket then). And then there's like little pegs or something under the headlights if I recall. Those just pop out.

SilvrEclipse
10-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Just start looking around and take everything off that holds the bumper on. Its not that difficult and then you will be able to access all of the headlight bolts.

pomerjon
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
cool thanks for the help.

pomerjon
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
one more quick question. how can I get to my fog light bulbs without takin off the bumper cover. And are they h3 or h4 bulbs or somthing else? Iv never been able to get to them and there dead, its a 95 gs .

david-b
10-29-2008, 09:06 PM
one more quick question. how can I get to my fog light bulbs without takin off the bumper cover. And are they h3 or h4 bulbs or somthing else? Iv never been able to get to them and there dead, its a 95 gs .

I didn't have fog lights on my Talon, just the fillers. For those there were 4 screws. I'm assuming the lights are the same. Actually now that I think about it they car. 2 on each side. Mine were so rusted that I had to drill them out and retap the threads. Then I scratch the idea and filled it with a front mount :naughty:

pomerjon
10-30-2008, 05:00 AM
iv seen the screws your talking about, but on mine the like rounded off and there is no tool that looks like the marks so ima try grinding them off and drilling them out.

Add your comment to this topic!